Optimum performance depends on getting each stage in a building’s lifecycle right, from specification and design, through construction and, ultimately, to operation.
At RSK our building sciences team understands buildings as systems.
We work on projects as diverse as airports, eco-homes, shopping centres, hospitals and high rises. We help our clients cut carbon footprints and costs, achieve regulatory compliance, and raise green credentials by advising on energy efficiency and sustainability issues in the built environment.
Our in-house specialists can provide air leakage consultancy and testing services (Part L); insulation continuity and thermal performance analyses (FEA); acoustics consultancy and testing (Part E); energy modelling (SBEM/EPC); and BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes assessments.
By drawing on the wider skills in RSK the building sciences team can assist with most stages of development, from pre-construction environmental impact assessments through as-built performance monitoring to strategies for reuse.
- Air leakage consultancy and testing
- Building acoustics consultancy and testing
- Building energy modelling
- Construction materials evaluation and testing
- Defect investigation and expert witness services
- Infrared thermographic surveys
- Materials surveys and risk assessments
- Operational building optimisation and management
- Stone and slate technology
- Thermal modelling using finite element analysis