Legionella risk assessment and management
Naturally occurring Legionella bacteria can make their way from rivers, lakes and reservoirs into plant and services such as cooling towers, hot and cold water systems, and other equipment that use or store water.
Employers are required to assess the risk that legionella poses and put in place control measures to reduce the risk to an acceptable level. A suitably competent and experienced person or company must carry out the risk assessment.
RSK’s service encompasses risk assessment, sampling, analysis and independent advice on the best remedial actions, if required:
- Risk assessments that inspect and test all aspects of a water system, highlight areas of strength and weakness, and provide recommendations for remediation
- Control schemes, including short- and long-term mitigation measures, and means of recording and storing data
- Routine monitoring for ongoing control of legionella via a secure web-based system
- Management of remedial works
- Electronic data management through a secure Internet link.