BREEAM and the Code for Sustainable Homes
The Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) is the leading environmental assessment method for buildings worldwide. It sets the standard for best practice in sustainable design and has become the most widely used measure to describe and communicate performance levels in the built environment.
The Code for Sustainable Homes is an environmental assessment method for new homes and contains mandatory performance levels in seven key areas. The Code aims to protect the environment by providing guidance on the construction of high-performance homes built with sustainability in mind.
RSK's building sciences’ assessors are licensed in assessment methods for most project types and they can offer you assistance throughout the design and construction process, from design-stage assessments to post-completion reviews. We also have assessors who are Accredited Professionals under the BREEAM scheme.
Our team realises that more holistic assessment methods are becoming increasingly complex, so its members approachable and flexible to extract the best from your project.
We can assess many building types, including
- Educational buildings: schools, colleges and higher education institutions
- Healthcare: hospitals,clinics and GP surgeries
- Data centres
- International buildings
- Specialised buildingss such as laboratories and hotels
- Commercial buildings such as retail premises and industrial buildings
- Multi-residential buildings, including halls of residence and care homes
- Houses, apartments and flats.