Drainage design and sustainable drainage systems
The Environment Agency and planners heavily promote the concepts of source control and sustainable drainage. Sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) can
- Minimise pollution
- Control flooding
- Recharge groundwater
- Achieve greenfield run-off flows
- Provide public amenity
- Enhance a development’s environmental aspects.
To help you, RSK offers expertise in drainage, flood risk, landscaping, ecology and soil investigation.
Our service includes reviewing the existing hydrological and hydrogeological situation; obtaining Section 104 and EA approvals; and carrying out environmental impact assessments.
We help to take projects from conceptual design through to detailed design and technical approval with
- Preliminary or scoping studies
- Determinations of what information is already available on flood risk and drainage issues
- Determinations of geotechnical and ecological features
- Site-specific sustainable drainage solutions
- Operational management advice on the long-term management of any SuDS
- Design and construction of reed-bed treatment solutions.