Construction design and management (CDM) coordination services
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 place legal duties on virtually everyone involved in construction work. Any construction project lasting more than 30 days or involving 500 person-days of construction work has to appoint a CDM coordinator to advise on health and safety issues during the design and planning phases of construction work.
RSK has been providing professional CDM coordinator support since the regulations came into force in 1995. Drawing on construction professionals with sound health and safety knowledge, we can provide CDM coordinator services on projects as varied as coastal defences, high-rise residential developments, high-voltage infrastructure works, demolition projects and area improvement landscaping.
As well as undertaking the legal responsibilities of the CDM coordinator with regard to notification, pre-construction information and health and safety files, reviewing construction phase plans and providing relevant information, we also offer services such as
- Competence and resource assessments
- Site audits and inspections
- Hazard workshops with designers
- Pre-demolition and pre-renovation asbestos surveys
- Assistance to principal contractors in compiling construction phase plansg
- CDM awareness and comprehensive CDM training for clients, designers and contractors.