Control of contractor safety: Supply chain management
Anyone that engages contractors has a legal duty to ensure they are competent and do not put others at risk. When contractors work in your premises, you must provide them with the information they need and ensure that their work is coordinated with that of other contractors and your own employees and customers.
Under current health and safety legislation, it is your responsibility to demonstrate you have an effective contractor management system.
RSK’s comprehensive services to help you include
- Nominated health and safety consultant services
- In-house training on the principles and practice of controlling contractors to ensure common understanding of requirements and facilitate the identification of procedural improvements
- Assistance in developing management systems for the control of contractors that integrate into your quality and financial control processes
- Assistance in contractor competence assessments and developing supplier databases
- On-site audits and inspections of contractor performance to ensure compliance and encourage continuous improvement.