Competent person support
Health and safety legislation states that companies, irrespective of size, must appoint one or more “competent person(s)” to advise and assist in the management of all health and safety issues.
For small businesses, it is often impractical to employ or train somebody to do this. Larger businesses may already have a competent person, but might require legal or specialist health and safety advice.
Whatever your situation, RSK can provide a cost-effective support service that ensures you comply with the moral and legal obligations to your staff.
As your competent person on a 12-month consultancy retainer, we will offer
- The use of our name as your nominated competent person
- Access to help lines
- A health and safety newsletter
- A days’ consultancy a year to suit your needs
- Access to qualified health and safety professionals
- Updates to changes in health and safety law and good practice
- Ad hoc help.
This support can also be extended to provide competent environmental support from our team of environmental advisers.