Railway risk management
Following the Ladbroke Grove train crash in 1999, RSK joined forces with Network Rail to develop the now mandated Signal Overrun Risk Assessment (SORA) process, and the subsequent standards RT/E/S/14200, RT/E/P/14201 and RT/E/G/14202. As the Network-Rail-appointed SORA authority, RSK is responsible for the training and competence verification of all rail industry signal assessment tool risk assessors and detailed assessment workshop facilitators.
RSK has a proven track record in
- Training and workshop facilitation
- Level-crossing risk assessment
- Bridge strikes, buffer collisions and rolling stock upgrades for automatic track warning system (ATWS) risk management
- Red zone working risk assessments
- Station risk assessments for crowding and aerodynamic effects
- Risk process research and development
- Asbestos surveys
- Safety case auditing.