Strategic environmental assessments
The Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) is a systematic process of strategic analysis and consultation designed to mitigate the environmental pressures and cumulative impacts of programmes, plans and, in the case of Scotland, policies. The process first establishes a baseline of environmental data to act as the cornerstone for an environmental report. The report’s scope and environmental impact are then analysed ahead of ameliorative consultation exercises.
RSK’s SEA experts collaborate with its environmental impact assessment team to offer bespoke, integrated solutions to help you meet your SEA commitments and ensure future planning decisions are undertaken in an informed and transparent manner.
Our teams can
- Undertake the entire assessment on your behalf
- Undertake the scoping stage
- Undertake the full post-scoping assessment
- Offer bespoke SEA training packages
- Provide trained personnel to assist your existing SEA team
- Provide advice service and assess your SEA reports before formal consultation to ensure that it conforms to legislative requirements.