Eliminating waste, waste minimisation, identifying opportunities to maximise resource efficiency, reusing materials and management of the resultant wastes are crucial to today's business.
As a key member of several waste working parties and steering groups at national, regional and sector levels, RSK is in an ideal position to help your business. We have helped in the development of the CL:AIRE code of practice for the redefinition of waste soils as materials, for example.
Using our experience of waste management and waste minimisation measures and solutions, we can help with
- Reviews of waste management strategies
- Materials management plans and guidance under the CL:AIRE code of practice
- Reviewing processes and improvements in manufacturing
- Site waste management plan best practices
- Resource efficiency for construction
- Technical guidance documents that break down complex legislative requirements for hazardous waste assessment and environmental permitting
- Resource efficiency and waste audits and support
- Waste composition and minimisation audit support
- Compliance and waste minimisation support and auditing for manufacturing
- Detailed waste review and cost benefit analyses
- Technical waste and sustainability training
- Advising key project partners on best practice initiatives and compliance.
Our breadth of experience means we understand how waste management issues affect you and, importantly, how different functions within organisations influence the waste agenda. This enables us to package information and develop strategies to achieve the desired outcome.
We work with you so your staff gain detailed understanding of waste processes and regulations, and how they impact across all assets for better understanding of the specific issues to be managed. Our support extends to training and mentoring to help staff understand what is waste and how to develop a strategic approach to it; and to generate waste management plans; identify roles, responsibilities and cost savings; and understand the legal framework.