Greenhouse gas and emissions trading services
Climate change is one of the greatest environmental risks facing the planet and put businesses, organisations and governments under ever-greater pressure to reduce emissions. In addition to environmental regulations, you may have to comply with schemes such as emissions trading that require understanding of air quality issues to ensure commercial advantage and operational flexibility.
RSK has developed techniques and tools to quantify releases with global warming potential, characterise carbon footprints and recommend best practice for carbon abatement and reduction.
We can help you with
- Technology advice and best available technique assessments
- Preparing engineering design toolboxes and developing environmental management systems
- Commenting on proposed policies, legislation or other regulatory proposals
- Due diligence of greenhouse gas and climate change liabilities for prospective investments
- Energy management and audits
- European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) compliance and greenhouse gas permits
- Monitoring and reporting services
- Kyoto mechanisms
- Sustainability assessments, life cycle analyses, corporate responsibility and supply chain assessment
- IPCC and emissions trading services for offshore operators
- Permit applications
- Emissions testing
- Emissions reporting and assurance.