Identifying best available techniques (BAT)
The concept of best available technique (BAT) is formally used in environmental legislation such as the Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) Directive and the Environmental Permitting Regulations , but is applicable to any industrial operator wanting to assess and optimise cost versus environmental impact for a new project or ongoing operation.
RSK can undertake a BAT assessment to help you
- Comply with regulatory limits for releases to air, water or land
- Satisfy regulatory improvement conditions
- Optimise processes
- Minimise process or project environmental impacts and associated costs
- Progress waste minimisation programmes
- Justify existing processes, practices and abatement techniques to regulators
- Select cost-effective technologies for gaseous emissions, liquid discharges and solid waste management
- Meet corporate targets.