Following its launch with Recycling Week (25 September–1 October 2017), the initiative will invite employees to face a new challenge every month, starting with cutting out plastic bags in October 2017, through to rethinking food packaging choices in August 2018. The challenge is cumulative, so we will continue to honour the previous month’s pledges as we progress through the year.
We will also challenge employees to cut individual plastic use completely for a day at the start of the challenge (4 October 2017) and a whole month at the end of the challenge (September 2018).
- 25 September–1 October: Recycle Week
- 4 October: Plastic-free day
Then, for each month, we pledge not to use
- October: Plastic bags
- November: Plastic straws and cutlery
- December: Plastic bottles
- January: Microbeads
- February: Bin bags
- March: Chewing gum
- April: Plastic cups
- May: Plastic milk cartons
- June: Toiletries and beauty products with plastic packaging
- July: Cleaning products with plastic packaging
- August: Plastic food packaging
- September: Plastic-free month
Throughout the challenge, we will be posting our pledges, efforts and photos to Twitter using #RSKplasticspledge. Please search for the hash tag or follow @RSKGroup to keep up-to-date.