- health, safety and quality – providing safe and healthy conditions of work, preventing both physical and mental harm to workers and ensuring that our services satisfy the highest professional standards with year-on-year improved performance
- our people and ethics – developing a satisfied and motivated employee base, providing opportunities for career progression, enhancing workforce diversity, and treating each person fairly and equitably based on individual merit
- environment and communities – finding innovative ways to use fewer natural resources, produce less waste and contribute to the transition to a low-carbon economy, while also managing the environmental risks associated with our activities and minimizing potential disruptions to local ecosystems and surrounding communities
- clients and suppliers – exercising appropriate due diligence and ensuring that we are part of a sustainable value chain, developing long-term mutually beneficial relationships with our business partners and contributing to economic growth in the areas where we work
- financial and governance – investing in strong financial performance and sustainable growth that is grounded in our commitments to integrity, governance, and responsible business practices.
The route map is intended to illustrate the direction of travel we are aiming for and to drive action to improve our performance. It will be subject to annual review and updated based on practical lessons learned and stakeholder feedback to ensure that it remains relevant.