“The acoustics team has always covered all corners of the UK, but now that Dan and I are located in Yorkshire, we are even better placed to support clients in Yorkshire, the North, the North East and Scotland” says Graeme, who joined RSK in January 2019.
Graeme previously worked for an acoustics consultancy based in Yorkshire and is familiar with the area. “We know that for many Yorkshire businesses, having a local contact is crucial. The office in Leeds gives us that local base, but we can also offer our clients all the advantages that a bigger company brings. These include resources, experience and access to a multitude of other services that we can provide in-house. And although RSK is a relatively large business, I have seen that it focuses on maintaining personal, face-to-face interaction and I believe that clients in the North appreciate this work ethic and hands-on mentality.”
The acoustics team, which fits into RSK’s environment, health and safety business in the environment and planning division, comprises 21 individuals based in the Helsby, Manchester, Bristol, Derby, Coventry, Hemel Hempstead and Leeds offices. It has substantial experience of managing and delivering projects ranging from architectural acoustic design, planning support, environmental permitting through to large-scale environmental impact assessments.
Its services include
- environmental noise and vibration monitoring (baseline, investigatory and compliance), short and long term
- environmental impact assessment support
- large-scale nationally significant infrastructure technical support
- computational noise modelling (SoundPlan, CATT and CadnaA)
- noise assessments for planning applications
- rail and road traffic noise modelling and predictions
- sound insulation tests for walls and floors
- building and architectural acoustics consultancy services (design and compliance) for educational, health care and other commercial developments
- industrial noise assessments and noise control (planning and environmental permitting)
- wind farm noise assessments
- noise and vibration for construction and demolition works, including Section 61 and construction noise management plan production
- structural vibration assessments and vibration isolation
- occupational noise and vibration monitoring and consultancy
- expert witness testimony for personal injury claims
- technical specialist for public inquiries and hearings.
RSK’s exposure to large-scale international projects provides the team with experience of interpreting and working with UK and international guidance, standards and legislation. However, the acoustics team is equally comfortable and familiar with working on small- to medium-sized projects. “We’re an approachable, currently small team in Leeds, but we can draft in our colleagues from across the country to help with projects. We are excited to see the team grow in the future as RSK builds its reputation in the region.”
Interested to hear more about the acoustics team in Yorkshire and the North East? Graeme Parker will be happy to help with all your enquiries.