Over the past few years, RSK’s presence in Iraq has grown from being a small team to a large, multidisciplinary geotechnical and geoenvironmental operation supported by a wide range of equipment and an internationally accredited laboratory.
We have invested heavily in Iraq so that we can support the rapidly developing oil industry. It is an exciting market and we are very pleased that RSK is at the forefront of service provision in this challenging environment.
We reached a significant milestone in 2015 when our geoenvironmental laboratory in Iraq Energy City near Basra became the first combined geotechnical and contaminated land laboratory to be accredited to ISO/IEC 17025.
We are committed to working with local people and run an ongoing training and recruitment programme, which has seen us employ and train 30 Iraqi nationals so far.
As a team, we are incredibly proud of what we have achieved in Iraq and look forward to seeing our service offerings grow as we continue to transfer our international expertise to local projects.
- Aerial surveys
- Air quality and noise monitoring
- Asbestos surveys and management
- Chemical testing
- Concrete testing
- Contaminated land remediation
- Due diligence audits
- Environmental, social and health impact assessments (ESHIA)
- Geophysics and surveying
- Geotechnical site investigation
- Land and bathymetric surveys
- Marine sciences
- Normally occurring radioactive material (NORM) assessments and management
- Occupational health
- Oil recovery from waste
- Oil spill response
- Soil and groundwater assessment
- Soil and rock testing
- Utility mapping
- Vacuum excavation
- Waste collection, management and disposal