RSK’s radiological services are offered as a joint venture between RSK and Radiation Safety & Control Services, Inc., a specialist providing a full range of radiological, nuclear decommissioning and groundwater investigation services in the USA. The radiological team combines RSK’s full service environmental capabilities and strong track record in the energy sector with the innovative techniques used by Radiation Safety & Control Services at US nuclear facilities.
The RSK radiological team has the experience and ability to provide clients with a wide range of radiological support services, including
- Radiological and waste management technical consultancy and engineering
- De-licensing support, land and building reuse, risk-based final site survey plans, etc.
- Environmental impact assessments relating to nuclear new build and decommissioning, and conventional ones
- Permitting, licensing (safety case) and technical support for existing or new-build sites
- Radiological and health physics: technical and field support
- Radiological and non-radiological waste management
- Material characterisation, clearance and exemption to support decommissioning
- Staff secondment (RSK currently has staff seconded to various nuclear facilities)
- Naturally occurring radioactive material (NORM) surveys and consultancy.