We map and mitigate risk.
Protecting infrastructure, property and other built assets from the potentially damaging effects of ground problems requires a multidisciplinary approach and a broad range of skills to provide cost-effective solutions.
RSK can find these solutions, mitigate risk and save costs. We have specialists in all aspects of onshore geohazard assessment. Our client portfolio ranges from infrastructure to aviation, giving us the experience to provide integrated expertise tailored to each project.
Our approach to seismic studies starts at the broad regional tectonic and geological scales, and focuses progressively down to the local scale.
We also offer a seismic monitoring service, including selection, design, siting, installation and commissioning of seismometers, data logging, remote telemetry, data interpretation and hazard warning.
In many parts of the world, geohazards have a profound influence on project planning, design and implementation, and on project permitting and consents. We strive to fully integrate our work on geohazards and related environmental, health and safety issues into our clients’ full project teams.
We work with wider project masterplanning and engineering teams to provide
- Advice on route selection
- Geotechnical engineering solutions, including earthworks and ground improvement design
- Site-specific earthquake design parameters
- Environmental baseline and impact assessments, mitigation options appraisal and preferred environmental solutions
- Danger from buried services
- Unstable ground, mineshafts.