Changes to the outdoor environment are a primary concern for communities when a new development is proposed. But how do you avoid, reduce or offset negative landscape changes to receive planning permission?
At RSK we have over 30 years of experience helping clients facing similar design challenges. We provide full landscape and visual impact assessment (LVIA) to accompany an environmental statement for developments requiring a formal environmental impact assessment (EIA). Our team also supports smaller-scale, non-EIA developments and planning applications by drawing on our experience in landscape and visual appraisals.
We have provided LVIAs for a wide range of development types throughout the UK, Ireland and overseas, including
- Mixed use and commercial property
- Residential and urban
- Offshore and onshore wind farms
- Solar, biomass and other renewables
- Oil and gas
- Unconventional oil and gas
- Waste management
- Electricity generation and transmission
- Transport (rail and road)
We're proud of the service we provide to these industries and proud that we have successfully helped our clients gain consent for their projects by providing expert witness support at public inquiry. Our experts have been successful in supporting projects ranging from nationally significant infrastructure projects and development consent order applications, through to local planning applications. In the past, we’ve provided support to more than 50 wind energy projects within the UK and overseas. On a smaller scale, we regularly handle residential mixed use and commercial development projects throughout the UK.
See our case studies to understand how we help businesses like yours.
- Feasibility studies and strategic options appraisals
- Landscape, seascape and townscape character assessments
- Visual impact assessments
- Mitigation strategies and proposals
- Verified view photomontage visualisations
- Statutory consultation
- Expert witness services