Are you meeting the standards set for your business?
Understanding the compliance and permitting requirements in your industry can be challenging. In addition, regulators are increasingly taking into account a company’s turnover when levying fines for environmental or health and safety offences, meaning prosecution for noncompliance may result in significant financial consequences.
At RSK, we have in-depth knowledge of national and local regulatory requirements, management systems and effective company-wide auditing techniques to meet the needs of your audit or review.
For compliance audits, we start by examining your current situation to ensure your sites or projects are compliant with current environmental, health and safety (EHS) legislation. Next, our team undertakes internal procedures checks to ensure that your site or project is being run in accordance with your internal rules and regulations. At the final stage, we work with you to develop effective controls and strategies to assist with the implementation of the necessary changes to assure compliance.
Our experience spans a range of audit types, from assisting with the completion of an organisation’s internal audit programme and compliance evaluation, and formal supplier and contractor EHS compliance audits through to detailed legal compliance evaluation audits.
Our audits have included
- Environmental compliance evaluation for Dragon LNG (2013 to present day)
- Environmental compliance and internal audit programme audits for CEMEX’s UK quarries and manufacturing sites (2012 to present day)
- Environmental compliance audits and evaluations for Taylor Wimpey UK (2004 to present day).
- Environmental compliance audit programme for Travis Perkins (2013 to present day) on about 26 sites a year
- Environmental legal compliance evaluation and audits for Saint Gobain Isover (2008 to present day)
- Chemicals risk assessment and compliance evaluation for BP’s Sullom Voe oil terminal, Shetlands (2013–2014)
- EHS compliance audits for Babcock Defence Systems Technology and Communications (2013–2014)
- Health and safety compliance evaluation for Intu Retail at the Trafford Centre (2014)
- Environmental compliance audit for Alkane Energy (2014)
- EHS compliance audits of nine petrol station facilities for State Oil (2014)
- Detailed EHS legal compliance assessment for Eastman Chemicals’ UK operations (2013).
Our exemplary level of service has led to multinational organisations asking us to carry out company-wide compliance audits across their European operations. And, by drawing on a global network of EHS experts, we can deliver multicountry compliance auditing.
Our experience spans 25 years and our network reaches more than 30 countries. Contact us to see how we can help.
We strive to
- Integrate EHS compliance activities into your strategic business planning process to capture all the benefits
- Help your operational managers understand EHS requirements and options
- Present opportunities instead of constraints and identify practical, cost-effective solutions
- Provide your top management with information for managing your EHS responsibilities and exposures without affecting financial performance.