Health and safety is a top priority for any business or commercial venture. However, dealing with the health risks that are present in the built environment, for example, asbestos or legionella, can present a challenge.
RSK offers comprehensive asbestos and legionella surveying, management and remediation services. Our team of expert surveyors and consultants all come from scientific or engineering backgrounds. We have excellent project experience across all industry sectors. RSK’s consultants will work in partnership with you to advise you on best practice and ensure compliance with the latest regulatory standards.
RSK is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 for quality, environmental and health and safety management. We are United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) accredited for asbestos inspection and testing activities including operation of our own laboratories, and members of the Legionella Control Association for legionella risk assessment, inspection, remediation and laboratory activities.
Whether you are involved in construction, demolition or managing compliance, RSK can bring a wealth of project-based experience and technical expertise to assist in the management of the risks from asbestos and legionella. Please take a look at our project portfolio for examples.
Our asbestos services
- Asbestos surveys, including management, refurbishment and demolition surveys: our surveyors have years of experience working on a wide variety of sites
- Sampling and analysis of materials suspected of containing asbestos
- Air monitoring and clearance testing, including air sampling, site perimeter monitoring, fibre counting and four-stage clearance testing
- Asbestos management, including digital asbestos management solutions; policy and procedure creation; asbestos management plans; condition monitoring; and training to ensure our clients are compliant with their requirements under the Control of Asbestos Regulations)
- Asbestos online database: asbestos register and risk management software designed to enable storage and retrieval of data and active management facilities such as calendars for condition monitoring inspections and a status list of recommendations
- Project management of asbestos removal works: a full service spanning tender preparation and review, interviewing contractors, site inspection and monitoring works, and post-works completion reports
- Asbestos training: a range of UKATA approved asbestos awareness and Non-Licensed training as well as asbestos management courses presented by tutors with a wealth of experience that can be tailored to clients’ requirements. Further information on courses can be found at www.rsktraining.co.uk
- Expert witness: expert reports for consideration by courts and tribunals in connection with litigation or arbitration
- Auditing: due diligence, legal compliance and system compliance audits to identify areas of strength and weakness and provide clear recommendations for the actions required
Our water hygiene services
- Risk assessments and consulting - RSK provides detailed risk assessments to ACoP L8 or BSRIA standards. We work with our clients to equip them with a suite of electronic and hard-copy water management tools that enable them to monitor control procedures.
- Water monitoring and asset inspections - Our team is available on call to provide routine monitoring for the control of legionella. We offer a rapid-response sampling and collection service, followed by effective advice on the disinfection of water sources where harmful microbes are detected.
- Remedial services - Our team of experienced engineers can provide remedial services to ensure compliance to ACoP L8 and By-law 30. We can also provide advice as to the most cost-effective solutions to issues with water systems. Our services include tank cleaning and chlorination, hot water vessel acid de-scaling, full system disinfection, dead-leg removal and tank re-commissioning or re-plumbing.
- Training – We can offer Legionella awareness training to help you understand how to implement a practical management scheme. this can be done at any of our regional office locations or at your own premises.