The NCE100 list replaces New Civil Engineer’s Consultants and Contractors Files, and rankings are decided through a combination of employee and employer questionnaires. New Civil Engineer describes these companies as “the firms that truly seek to deliver for clients and society at large by pushing boundaries in the areas that truly matter”.
To secure a place on the list of what the New Civil Engineer says are “the most inspirational civil engineering practices operating in the global market today”, firms had to excel in five core competence areas:
- Future engineer – taking an enlightened approach towards employee recruitment and retention, and demonstrating that a firm values professional engineers and recognises future skills needs while taking responsibility for raising the industry’s profile
- Future technology – harnessing new and disruptive technologies and demonstrating leadership with more efficient design and delivery methods
- Technical excellence – valuing engineering expertise and pushing the boundaries of what is technically possible while providing sustainable infrastructure
- Engineering equality – making the workplace welcoming to all by pushing the diversity agenda at the same time as striving to be great and safe places to work
- World view – achieving export best practice around the world and, in so doing, providing engineers with the best opportunities in a global market.
RSK’s geosciences and engineering divisional director George Tuckwell comments, “RSK strives to understand exactly what its clients need and to not only design solutions but also to deliver them through its extensive and unique in-house consulting and contracting resources. It is very pleasing that our success in developing excellent motivated staff has been recognised by New Civil Engineer.”