The UK’s historic built environment is unique and many of its buildings are irreplaceable. Inspecting and assessing these buildings and their components present technical challenges for conservation experts when undertaking renovation work. This seminar is for construction professionals who need to be aware of these challenges. Through a series of talks by industry professionals, delegates will gain an appreciation of the issues involved in conserving and regenerating historic buildings and learn how to overcome the challenges.
Bringing together some of the UK’s leading technical experts on structural assessment, renovation, fire and conservation, this seminar will be extremely valuable for construction professionals who deal with historic buildings. There will be a particular focus on case studies and examples of excellence delivered by a team including geomaterials scientists, conservators, geophysicists, structural engineers and timber technical consultants.
The topics to be covered include
- The role of historic England
- Application of ground penetrating radar and other non-intrusive methods
- Structural assessment of historic buildings
- Assessing the condition and strength of structural timber in historic buildings
- The role of petrographic analysis
- Decorative plaster ceiling conservation and investigation
- The role of fire assessment and implementation of fire risk mitigation strategies
- Regenerating historic buildings: The contractor’s experience.
The heritage buildings seminar will be of particular interest to professionals such as structural engineers, architects, developers, heritage consultants, local authority conservation officers and project managers. Delegates will be able to meet specialist consultants within the sector and gain practical advice on how to overcome some of the challenges and avoid delays to the construction critical path. They will also learn how significant cost savings can be achieved through work of this nature.
Download the full heritage buildings seminar brochure.
To book a place or make an enquiry, please contact Exova BM TRADA by emailing email@example.com or calling +44 (0)1494 569 750.