Asbestos related diseases kill over 5000 people a year just in the UK with hundreds of thousands worldwide; hence why it is important to ensure that asbestos materials are located, identified and managed correctly. RSK’s specialist team of asbestos consultants provides services across the globe to assist clients in managing and reducing their risks.
Asbestos was used widely in a variety of materials employed in the construction of buildings, plant, services, vehicles and other structures and was not banned in the UK and wider EU until the end of 1999. There are many countries in the world still actively mining and installing asbestos-containing materials.
The amount of asbestos utilised mean that a vast number of premises still contain asbestos in some form and it is important to locate and manage these materials so they remain undisturbed and the fibres do not become airborne.
We provide services throughout the lifecycle of a site, from due diligence when purchasing sites, through managing asbestos in situ in operational buildings and advising on removals and refurbishment works, to eventual demolition and redevelopment of potentially contaminated land. RSK’s consultants will work in partnership with you to advise you on best practice and ensure compliance with the latest regulatory standards.
We have extensive project experience across all industry sectors including working on complex sites with our colleagues on multi-disciplinary projects in the commercial, industrial, transport, healthcare, educational, energy, property, local authority and oil & gas sectors, to name a few.
Please take a look at our project portfolio for examples or get in touch to discuss your specific requirements.
- UKAS accredited asbestos management, refurbishment and demolition surveys;
- UKAS accredited sampling and analysis of materials suspected of containing asbestos;
- UKAS accredited air monitoring and four-stage clearance testing;
- UKATA approved and bespoke asbestos training courses;
- Independent project management of asbestos removal and remedial works including tender preparation and review, interviewing contractors, , site inspection and monitoring works, and post-works completion reports
- Consultancy and management for asbestos contamination in soil, made ground and demolition materials;
- Asbestos management, including design of policies, procedures and management plans; condition monitoring; incident investigation and ongoing consultancy to ensure our clients are compliant with their requirements under the Control of Asbestos Regulations);
- Asbestos online database: asbestos register and risk management software to enable storage and retrieval of data and active management facilities such as calendars for condition monitoring inspections and a status list of recommendations;
- Expert witness: expert reports for consideration by courts and tribunals in connection with litigation or arbitration; and
- Auditing: due diligence, legal compliance and system compliance audits to identify areas of strength and weakness and provide clear recommendations for the actions required.